As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of how to update Galaxy W I8150 to Android 2.3.6 DXLM3 Gingerbread official firmware using ODIN. Make sure you backup all your data from the tips and tools given below as you will have to wipe everything in order to install this firmware.
Android 2.3.6 DXLM3 Firmware Details:
Regions: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam
Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S Advance to connect it with the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy S Advance USB drivers! Apart from just the USB drivers, there are a few more things that you need to take care of.
- You need to enable USB debugging mode. This helps to connect your Android phone with the PC.
- Your phone battery should be 80-85% charged. If your phone goes off suddenly because of battery, during flashing ROMs or installing mods and updates — your phone might go dead permanently.
- Backup all your important data that you might need as soon as your flash a new ROM, or make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. Data can also be backed up using Samsung KIES for their devices, but if you backup data manually, you get more options what top choose from and it is very easy to move data across Android devices from different manufacturers, i.e moving Samsung Galaxy Note backup data to HTC One X.
- Your phone should be factory unlocked. Additional instructions for locked Android devices will be added in the tutorial for unlocking devices.
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your phone.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy W I8150. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Rooting Warning: This is an official Android 2.3.6 DXLM3 update for Galaxy W I8150, which means you will lose root as soon as you install this update. You will again have to root Galaxy W to gain full system access and be able to install root apps again.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:
- Download Android 2.3.6 I8150DXLM3 for Galaxy W to your computer and extract the zip file. (you can download it from #Team Droid site)
- Download ODIN v4.42 which will help you to install Android 2.3.6 on Samsung Galaxy W I8150.
- Switch off your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
- Make sure you have your Galaxy W USB drivers installed on your computer.
- Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
- If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
- Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.
- Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
- After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy W has now been updated to Android 2.3.6 build DXLM3 software update. Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
DISCLAIMER: I do not own the article and have no rights to any of it. All rights and the tools, mods or ROMs mentioned below belong to their respective owners/developers. AT YOUR OWN RISK .